To find the best iPhone data recovery software, we tested the five most popular tools and evaluated them carefully to provide valuable references for you. If you’ve lost or mistakenly deleted photos, messages, notes, and other essential things on your iPhone, read on to choose the best helper to retrieve your lost iPhone data.
By nature, an iPhone is always in danger of getting damaged, lost, or stolen. How would you evaluate the cost of losing an iPhone? The answer may vary based on your usage, but it’s a common view that the photos, messages, contacts, music, and other personal data on the iPhone are more valuable than the device itself.
Through our tests and research, the best 5 iPhone Data Recovery software we found in 2018 are PhoneRescue for iOS, Dr. Fone for iOS, Enigma Recovery, Primo iData Recovery, and iSkysoft. The purpose of this review is to cover as many best iPhone recovery software. As possible, define the criteria of the critical factors based on our experience, test each candidate’s performance, and finally help you get the best chance to recover your important iPhone data.
What is iPhone Data Recovery Software
iPhone data recovery is a process of salvaging inaccessible data from corrupted, damaged, or lost iPhone devices. Commonly used methods include recovering from iPhone device, from iTunes backup or iCloud backup. Recovery can still process even the iPhone device is lost, as long as the iTunes / iCloud backup has been taking place before the device’s inaccessibility. There are many specific data recovery software categories, such as iPhone photo recovery software, iPhone messages recovery software, iPhone contacts recovery software, etc. Well, this software can be called by a joint name – iPhone data recovery.
Our principles of defining the best iPhone data recovery software are areas the same as how you’d like to recover your lost iPhone data. Before starting, you’d better clearly understand WHERE have you forgotten the data from? HOW did you miss the data? WHAT types of iOS data would you like to recover?
For the first question: WHERE have you lost your iOS data from an iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, an iPhone SE, or iPhone 6? As Apple mobile product line covers over 10+ iPhone models, the first criterion we chose is compatibility. iPhone recovery software should support all existing mobile device models, iOS versions, and even the upcoming new Apple devices.
For the second question: HOW did you lose your iOS data, mistaken deletion? The device is lost or severely damaged? Do iOS get stuck? Studies show hardware/software failure and human error are the two most common causes of iOS data loss. Still, a different type of iPhone data disaster requires corresponding iPhone data recovery methods.
The three most adopted iPhone Data Recovery approaches include recovering lost data from the device, iTunes backup, and iCloud backup. Other tips may help find your lost data; some even don’t need special tools. For instance, if you’ve deleted pictures in your Camera Roll, you can retrieve your photos from the Recently Deleted album. Other similar self-helping iPhone data recovery tips are like finding your lost pictures from the Photos app on your Windows / Mac desktop; getting data back with the help of iTunes Backup Extractor, to name a few.
iPhone Data Recovery software also follows industry rules: no matter how hard you’ve tried to recover your lost iPhone data, you still have a chance that you’ll lose them forever. So the third question, WHAT types of iOS data would you like to recover? This is the most basic standard to justify if your iPhone data recovery tool is qualified. All candidates listed below support a wide range of data recovery file types.
Best iPhone Data Recovery Software 2019
By uplifting both technical and user experience to a new industry standard, PhoneRescuehas been upgraded to version 3. PhoneRescue aims at helping more and more users get back lost data quickly and easily from both Android and iOS devices. Two great improvements make PhoneRescue for iOS the top 1 iPhone Data Recovery choice on our list: the leading iOS data recovery capability and the easy user experience.
- Helps find back up to 25 types of deleted, damaged, or lost iPhone, iPad data, covering messages, photos, notes, contacts, Safari bookmarks, music, What’s app message attachments, and Line Messages, well as your other frequently used iOS content.
- Features one of the most desired abilities to import retrieved iOS data directly back to the iPhone apps, such as contacts, messages, photos, notes, etc.
- Introduces the exclusive iPhone Data Recovery feature – Smart Compare and Find, which allows pinpointing needed items from thousands of ones quickly.
- PhoneRescue for iOS expanded the recovering power from specific data to the full iOS. When an iOS device runs into a system crash, it can fix with a single click.
- The iPhone data recovery capability has been improved both inefficiency and success rate. The recovery rate of mistaken deletion achieves 76%, and the data analysis time is shortened to 65%.
- The new PhoneRescue for iOS design fully meets the beginner’s need to suggest different recovery methods for a more successful result.
- Paid software, you have to pay for it, but it offers you a promise – “60-days money-back guarantee”. So you can ask for a refund if it fails to recover your data
#2: Dr. Fone for iOS
Dr.Fone for iOS is another acclaimed iPhone Data Recovery tool developed by WonderShare. It is excellent for recovering deleted content from both iOS and Android mobile phones. It goes to work immediately when there is a problem: connect an iPhone to the computer, open Dr.Fone. With a few clicks, users can scan their mobile phone and instantly see what information is recoverable and then restore it.
For iPhones, where data cannot be recovered directly from the device, Dr.Fone can also retrieve information from the latest iTunes backup file. When disaster strikes, Dr.Fone is a user’s best chance to get their data back.
- It supports all old and latest iOS devices.
- Fitted with a small tool that can fix iOS to normal when your iDevice can’t access the operating system.
- Supports recovering Facebook Messenger and Messenger attachments.
- Available on any Mac/PC.
- Not free, and it is a little expensive.
- Most functions are locked until the upgrade to the Pro version.
- Doesn’t support recover music, videos, and other media files.
#3: Enigma Recovery
If you have accidentally lost or deleted important data from your iOS device, the Enigma Recovery software is also an ideal solution for you. With SmartPhone Recovery Pro software and Restore iOS App brought by Enigma Recovery, you can preview existing data on your iOS device, iTunes, or iCloud backup. Are you thinking is enigma recovery safe? This is quite useful if you have lost your device and need access to your backup file data.
- Clear UI design and friendly user experience.
- Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 & 10 (32bit & 64bit) | Mac OS X 10.7 & higher.
- Restore deleted messages, contacts, calls, notes, and calendars to the iPhone.
- Import restored data to the device requires another iOS app.
- The device data scanning speed is relatively slow.
- The range of supported data types is relatively limited.
#4: Primo iPhone Data Recovery
Primo iPhone Data Recovery is made to orchestrate your data disaster recovery plan with a super easy process. This newly released iPhone data recovery tool gives excellent support in recovering up to 25 types of iOS content: SMS/iMessage, Notes, Contacts, Call History, Photos, Reminders, etc. It also provides three recovery modes, so no matter you have a backup or not, you can get back deleted iOS data as you need.
- Supports a wide range of iOS data types: media files, personal data & app data.
- The iPhone data recovery workflow is more natural than other candidates.
- Scanning speed is fast, and the iOS data recovery rate is relatively higher.
- Selectively Recovery – Instead of performing full recovery on all lost files, you can selectively recover the needed ones.
- Not free, it charges $39.99 for Personal License.
#5: EaseUS MobiSaver
EaseUS MobiSaver would be a good application if data loss issues happened with your iPhone, enabling you to retrieve information only from your backup file. You can choose any information you want to take back: photos, songs, contacts, messages, reminders and notes, and so on.
But it might not be perfect as various problems you might encounter along the way. One problem is that even the computer OS recognizes the gadget, the free program refused to see it. The problem persisted for several minutes at our test, without performing any setting changes.
In a word, the MobiSaver EaseUS is a program full of good intentions, simple to use, but it demands great patience from the user, as sometimes it is slow to react.
- Simple iPhone data recovery tool for anyone.
- Support the newest iPhone 8 (Plus) and iOS 11.
- Not always able to retrieve lost data.
- Difficult to connect to iPhone.
As the frequency of iPhone data loss increases, it’s suggested to consider taking proper precautions to decrease the cost and impact of data loss. A regular iPhone / iPad / iPod backup plan with iTunes and iCloud is always welcome.
Meanwhile, to increase your chances of recovering the data you need, you’d better stop using your device until your lost data get retrieved, as this will lower the chance of overwriting data on the iPhone disk. Anyway, if ‘disaster’ happens, have a try with the iPhone data recovery solutions mentioned above to get back your lost data.