It is not something new that I am going to cover in this post, you must have encountered with Margins in Google Doc. However, there is a problem in Google Doc that Margins are set by default and the margins in Google Document is space above, below, left side and right side of the doc you are editing. The major problem is when you print the document the distance between edges of paper and text is like nothing.
How to Change Margins in Google Docs
If you want to know how to edit margins in google docs, here are few easy-peasy procedures you can follow to change margins in google docs:
1Easiest Way to Change Margins on Google Docs: Left – Right
- Open Google Docs in Browser.
- Create a “new doc” or “open” an existing to edit it.
- Find “ruler” at the top of the document.
- To Change Right Side Margin: Click and Drag the “triangle shape icon” to the left side.
- To Change Left Side Margin: Click and Drag the “triangle shape icon” to the right side.
2How to Set Top, Bottom, Left and Right Margins on Google Docs
- Create a new document or open an existing to set margins on the old document in Google doc.
- Click on “File“>”Page Setup“.
- Look for “Margins.”
- Click on the text box to the right of margin that you want to change. Click in the text box to the right of “Top” if you’re going to alter top margins.
- Tap “OK” to set margin.
- You can repeat the steps above to change the margins of any other side. You can also check the “set as default” option to set margins so you’ll never have to set again.
3How to Lock the Margins in Google Docs?
It is not possible to lock the margins, particularly in a Google Doc. However, it is possible to allow no anyone to make changes in a shared document.
If you do not want anyone to make changes in the margin or anything else in the document you can share the document with them. Sharing document in Google doc is pretty straightforward and easy.
4How to Unlock a Google Docs for Editing?
It is an easy procedure to get the file unlocked in Google doc; you’ll have to request to file owner. To unlock a Google Doc, you’ll have to follow the steps.
- Open “File”
- Click on the blue box that says “View only“
- Click on “REQUEST EDIT ACCESS”.
- Type your request in the text field.
- Click Send request.
That’s all for google docs change margins if you are done setting up margins in your document in Google, share your thoughts in comment section below.