Play your games and movies on the “Big Screen” by hooking up your TV with Xbox 360. Most televisions or monitor screens are designed to host the Xbox 360. However, there are a variety of cables that can be connected to the TV or monitor.
The choice of the cable depends on the type of Monitor. There are four types of cables that can be used to hook up Xbox 360 to a TV or monitor, namely, Xbox 360 VGA HD AV cable, HDMI cable, A/V cables, composite A/V cables.
HDMI cables are the most popular ones as they use only a single cord and the video results have good resolution. HDMI stands for High-Definition Multimedia Interface and is used with high-definition screens. Using HDMI cables, you simply need to connect both ends of the cable to the Xbox 360 and TV.
How to connect the HDMI cable from the Xbox 360 to the TV
These are the steps to hook an Xbox 360 up to a television or monitor.
- Unpack Xbox and accessories. Put all parts on a hard, flat surface near your TV.
- Position the Xbox360 near your TV. Xbox 360 must be placed in a cool area with good ventilation and free of dust to prevent overheating of Xbox. You can place it horizontally or vertically.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the back of the Xbox360. If your cable has various plugs at each end, use the end that only has a single HDMI plug.
- Connect other end of the cable to the TV or monitor.
- If your TV or monitor supports HD and you want to use the Xbox in 480p, 720p, or 1080i resolution, slide the switch on your A/V cable to “HDTV.”
- If the TV or monitor doesn’t support HD, slide the switch on the cable to “TV.”
- Connect the power cable to the Xbox 360. Insert one end of the power cable at the back of the Xbox 360, and other ends into the power brick that came with the unit.
- Connect power brick to a power source.
- Turn on the Xbox 360 by pressing the power button (a large round button at the front) on it.
- Turn on the TV and use your TV’s remote to switch the input to HDMI. Xbox 360 dashboard will appear on the TV screen.
- Connect your controller(s) to the Xbox 360.
In the case of a wired controller, plug the USB end into the USB port on the front of the Xbox.
In the case of a wireless controller, follow the steps below:
- Put batteries into the controller if it’s battery-operated. If it’s rechargeable, make sure it’s charged.
- Long press the “X” button on the controller to turn it on.
- Press the “connect” button on the front of the Xbox. Some lights will flash around the power button.
- Press the small “connect” button on the back of the controller. The lights near the power button will stop illuminating when the controller is connected.
- Insert a game/movie disc in the disc tray by pressing a silver button on the disc tray.
You can now play your favorite games and enjoy movies on a BIg Screen.