Here’s how to connect the Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ to your TV, monitor or projector, letting you enjoy videos, games and more on the biggest screen in the room. We’ll cover both wired and wireless methods here, starting with our top choice and moving onto a few alternatives. There are basically two methods to achieve this first one is wired and second is Wireless.
Method 1 Wired
This method is simple you just need to use official Samsung USB type C to HDMI adapter to make a connection or you can also use Kanex USB type C to HDMI.
This can also be done by using Samsung DEX desktop dock that allows you to connect your monitor, TV or other computer peripherals to it, enabling your phone to become a computer.
Method 2 Wireless
There are two ways to connect your Galaxy S9 with desktop through the wireless approach and those are mention below
- First, you need to Plug HDMI dongle into your TV.
- Second, you need to install Google Home app on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and setup
- Once done simply connect your Galaxy S9 with TV
- Then you can begin streaming the contents or be mirroring compatible apps on your phone onto your TV.
- Miracast is the wireless dongle type device.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ support the Miracast feature. this feature is built-in and allows to mirror contents of the phone onto a compatible TV without using any cable.
But one major drawback is the video quality is limited to 1080p at 30 frames per seconds. However, the Wired connection provides 4k display at 60 frames per seconds.
With these four methods, you should be completely equipped to connect your Galaxy S9/S9+ to your TV in the way that’s most convenient for you. If you found this helpful or you have any further questions, let us know in the comments below