Discord is an application that is easy to handle, free, and everyone can make their own little server for texting, gaming, and many more. Developing a server on Discord allows you to connect with family and friends and gather a community of like-minded people. Being the owner of a Discord server is very beneficial. Discord has both desktop clients and web clients, and our article will work for both. Looking for a tutorial on deleting your Discord server? This article will show you how!
Sometimes, you may need to delete an old server that is no longer in use or has too many strange people are visiting the server. Deleting a Discord server only takes a minute or less. Only the owner of the server has the right to delete it. Deleting a server is as simple as creating one, but before deleting a server, ensure that you are sure that you want to delete it because this action is permanent.
Here’s how you can delete a server on Discord using either the desktop or mobile app.
How to Delete a Discord Server on the Desktop Application
Before deleting a server, make sure to let every member in the channel know that you will delete the server so they are not surprised when it disappears. Deleting a channel on a desktop-only takes a few clicks.
- Open the Discord app on your Mac or PC and chose the server you intend to delete.
2. Tap and hold on to the server. A list appears under the name of the server; select Server Settings from the drop-down menu.
3. Click the Delete Server from the bottom of the left-hand menu.
4. For confirmation, a pop-up window will appear. Type the server name or your six-digit authentication code in the respective fields for confirmation, and hit Delete Server.
NOTE: The authentication code is required only when you have enabled the two-factor authentication in the server. You can find this by opening the Authy or Google Authenticator app on your mobile device.
The server will be deleted permanently. All server members (including yourself) will no longer view or access it, erasing all shared messages and content.
SEE ALSO: Fixing Discord Showing Blank Screen for Windows and Mac both
How to Delete a Discord Server on the Mobile Application
Deleting a server on the mobile app is a bit different from on a desktop but remains simple.
- Open the app on your iPhone or Android device and navigate to the server you want to delete.
2. Swipe right to open the side menu and chose the server you want to delete by clicking on it.
3. A pop-up window will appear; navigate to the Settings icon at the bottom.
4. Tap “Overview.”
5. At the very bottom of the “Overview” page, click on Delete server.
6. Discord will ask for confirmation for deletion. Tap “Yes” to confirm. If you have enabled the two-factor authentication, you will be asked to enter the authentication code.
SEE ALSO: How To Fix Discord Voice Chat Not Working
Your server is now no more!
- In case you don’t want the server anymore but also don’t intend to delete it permanently, Discord allows you to transfer ownership of that server to another member/user.
- How To Stop Discord From Opening on Startup
- Discord Voice Debug Guide Fix Can’t Hear you, Buddies?
- How To Delete Discord Account? Permanently
- How to Cancel Discord Nitro Subscription? [Mac/Windows]
- These Are 3 Ways to Run Discord On Second Monitor
That’s all you need to do to delete your Discord server!