Discord is now one of the most used chat services by the gamer’s community because of the pretty straightforward chat services.
The main problem of any gamer is when playing games with voice chat, your friend is using voice chat, and due to noise, you cannot focus on the game. We also have a detailed guide on Fixing No Route Error on Discord which is an interesting read.
The best alternative is to use the PUSH TO TALK feature that doesn’t affect your gameplay; you just have to push the button and send the message.
If you have never used Discord Push to talk it before, here is a guide for you to enable this feature.
SEE ALSO: 13 Best Discord Bots To for Your Server
The guide can be followed on the web version of Discord, but this feature work without any problem in a Desktop version.
How to Enable Push to Talk on Discord
To enable Push to Talk in Discord follow these simple step by step guide:
- In the bottom left corner of the screen look of the cog icon (Settings). Click on the icon to open the Settings menu.
- Now scroll down and find Voice and Video option. If you have to find the prospect, just click to open the window.
- You will be able to see Push To Talk under the INPUT MODE Just Click to enable it.
- Go one step back in the main Settings menu and scroll down to the Keybinds
- You will need to set your shortcut key for the feature. If you are playing multiple games that have different controls, Discord will allow you to set multiple keys for the same feature.
Before Setting your Keys, please note that:
- If you have opened Discord in the Browser, this feature will only work when the tab (in which Discord is opened) is focused.
- The Web version of Discord doesn’t have a Keybind Option in the menu.
- Discord Strongly recommends you to download the Desktop application if you want to use Push To Talk
- If you cannot find Keybind option in the menu while using the Web version of Discord, you have to go to Settings and then Voice & Video. From there, you can click on Edit Keyblind and add a shortcut.
- Click on Add a Keybind if you have managed to open Keybind.
- Now add the Key by clicking on the Record keybind and Click on Stop Recording at the bottom to save your changes.
- Go back to Voice & Video option to set the Push to Talk Release Delay. The sliders modify the time at which Discord will cut your voice. The minimum value is 20 ms, but for the uninterrupted services, you need to set it to high.
That’s it and that way you’ll be able to set up push to talk feature in discord. If you face any trouble during the process comment below and I will be helping you get it done.