A premium streaming service by hosting an ocean of TV serials, movies, and seasons has climbed all the way to be honoured as the 5th most popular TV network.
Infecting any of your devices, whether it may be either phone, TV, or computer, Error code 301 is a comprehensive error code targeting the failure of retrieving content from Hulu’s servers.
Hulu playback failure error message
Error Code 301
You might encounter Hulu error 301 as;
- Sorry, we encountered an error playing this video. Please try rebooting the video or select something else to watch.
- Error Code: 301
- Error playing this video
Causes of Hulu Error 301
1.Slow internet connection:
A slow internet connection might be a problem causing the error; it recommends:
- 8.0Mbps for watching live TV stream
- 4.0Mbps for streaming service
2.Cache or Cookies:
Error is triggered due to the presence of corrupted Cookies and Cache on the device.
3.Crowding of network:
When an abundance of devices connected to a single Hulu account simultaneously, the app activity is hindered.
The error is triggered if the DNS setting for your connection hasn’t been configured correspondingly.
How to fix Hulu error 301:
1. Power cycle your device:
- The fundamental step to troubleshooting is power cycling your device.
- Unplug the device.
- Hold the device button for half a minute.
- Plugin again
- Check to see if the issue keeps going.
2.Disconnecting other devices:
Plenty of devices connected to a single account might get you blocked for disturbing their services.
3.Clear the Cache:
This step is feasible for users streaming Hulu on PC or MAC. In this step, we clear the corrupted cache on the browser. This method is browser dependent:
- Open chrome
- Launch a new tab
- Tap on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen
- Levitate the pointer on “more tools” and choose “Clearing browsing data” in the list
- Hit on the “TimeRange” go down and select “All Time” from the list
- Look over the first four options and tap the “ClearData” option; the corrupted cache will be removed.
4. Checking for updates:
Pending updates could include fixes to errors and bugs, so they should be installed by searching Hulu on the play store or apple store, if available.
5. Modifying DNS settings:
Following steps for reconfiguration DNS setting on PC
- Press “Windows + R” to open the “Run” dialog and type in “cpl,” and hit enter.
- Right-click on your connection and hit “Properties “and Double-tap on the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPV4)’ option.
- Check the “Use the Following DNS Server Addresses” option.
- Enter the values: In ‘Preferred DNS Server’enter ‘8.8’. In ‘Alternate DNS Server,’ enter ‘8.4.4’.
- Hit “OK” to save the settings and check for any issue.
7.Reinstalling the app is the last option if the connection is not established properly.