Xbox is a video gaming brand that allows you to play multiple games on your Xbox console. Microsoft ensured that your gaming sessions could go uninterruptedly and handle critical situations accordingly. One of the dangerous condition is widely known as 0x87dd0006 error. The 0x87dd0006 error prevents users from signing up and mainly can be seen on Xbox One but can be dealt with quickly with the help of support. It has multiple causes like incorrect billing information or some corrupt files, but in this article, we will show you the sequence of steps you need to follow if you ever face Xbox Sign-in Error 0x87dd0006.
Solution 1: Restart Modem / Router
When the reboot is complete, check to see if your issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Check your billing information
If you have tested the solution mentioned above and still facing this issue, you need to check your billing information because this issue is widely faced by the users when they have incorrect billing information.
You can check your billing information by:
- Login to your Microsoft account from a web browser.
- See Billing info that should be under the Payment and billing section.
- Enter the necessary details and save the changes.
You can also edit/enter your billing details from your Xbox One/Xbox 360.
If you are Using Xbox One:
- Scroll left on the home screen and opened the Guide.
- Choose Settings.
- Go To All Settings and select Payment & billing under the Account section.
- Enter the necessary details and select save info to save your preferences.
On you Xbox 360 do the following:
- Go to Settings then Account.
- Select the Manage Payment Option.
- The select payment option that needs to be updated.
- Once down select OK to save changes
Please note that: Billing information on Microsoft Live and Xbox website must be matched, so please verify on both websites.
Solution 3: Delete and download your profile
Your profile can become corrupt and can cause a 0x87dd0006 error to appear on the screen. If you have tried the solutions as mentioned above and didn’t work for you, you can delete your profile and download your profile again from the server. To delete and download the profile on Xbox One:
- Scroll left on the Home Screen to open the Guide.
- Go to Settings > All Settings > Account.
- Under the Account section, choose Remove Accounts.
- Select Close when you are done.
To download your Account:
- Open Guide by scrolling left on the Home screen.
- Choose Add & Manage that should be under the Sign in the tab.
- Enter your Microsoft account credentials and follow the instruction on the screen.
If you are using Xbox360 you can delete your profile:
Just Go to Settings > System > Storage > Select Drive > Choose Profile > Choose the Delete Profile Only Option.
To download your deleted profile on Xbox360:
Press Guide Button from controller> Select Download Profile > Microsoft Account Credentials.
Deleting and downloading your profile should solve the error permanently.
Solution 4: Check the status of the Xbox Service
To run all of the services properly should be live, sometimes an offline service can cause this issue, and all you need to do is wait until Microsoft fixes this problem
Solution 5: Update your console
Sometimes Xbox One firmware update can cause the issue, and your console should be running the latest system to work correctly.
To update your console:
- Go to Settings.
- Select System under the All Settings
- Select Updates.
- Check if there are any updates ready to download, then you can update the console.
- How to Guide to Fix 2000 Network Error on Twitch [Windows and Mac]
- 5 Best Laptops for College Students to Get in 2020
- How to Get AdBlock to Work on Twitch [3 Methods]
I am hopeful your Sign-in Error 0x87dd0006 in Xbox is fixed, just in case it does not do leave a comment below and I will help you get rid of it.