In the era of social media hype, you’d be living under a rock to have never heard of TikTok. If you’re from the stone age era you might not know that TikTok has reserved its spot for the most engaging social media platform; with a swarming 1 billion monthly active users and a massive $821 revenue in 2022 alone. With its constant stream of cheerful entertainment, unshackling creativity, and endless inspiration; TikTok has successfully tailored the most accommodating platform for a vast variety of audiences. Surely, TikTok has figured out its own way to give the platform an addicting quality.
Going LIVE, What’s It Really Like?
For a social media content creator, TikTok Live is nothing less than sitting in the seventh heaven. With the endless possibilities, TikTok is the perfect place for having real-time fun, portraying your expressions, and liberating your creativity. Apart from engaging with your followers in real-time, you might stumble upon unexpected conditions and can even raise money for charities.
It’s the place for all Creators, it’s the place to be YOUADVERTISEMENTADVERTISEMENTADVERTISEMENT
How to Engage Audience on TikTok
- First and foremost, you want to make sure that you’re providing valuable content to your audience. This means that you should avoid simply streaming your day-to-day life and instead focus on content that is interesting and engaging.
- In order to keep your viewers engaged, be sure to interact with them as much as possible. Reply to comments and ask questions of your own.
- Make use of creative effects and filters to add an extra level of interest to your videos.
- Keep your videos short and sweet – most people won’t want to watch a long video on TikTok. Try to keep them under a minute long if possible.
- Use hashtags liberally in order to increase the reach of your videos.
What’s The Difference?
You’ll get access to filters, camera control, and live effects just like usually recorded videos; but there are no limits on your recording time.
Can You Go Live?
Before getting behind the camera, make sure you meet certain requirements to access the Live capability feature on TikTok.
Witness the shackles yourself:
- You must be at least 16 years old to go Live. This is a safeguard for your own security
- You must have at least hit 1,000 followers to unlock TikTok Live
- You have to be 18 years of age to send or receive any gifts during a LIVE. It’s nothing less than a virtual tip jar!!!
Here’s How You Can Go Live On TikTok
- Open the app and select LIVE
- After opening the TikTok app, log in to your account
- Hit the + sign camera icon on the bottom of the screen
- Tap the Live button, next to the record option
- Choose a thumbnail and a title for your broadcast
- Finally, hit the button that reads “Go LIVE”
Why can’t I go LIVE on TikTok?
If you just turned 16 or recently got 1,000 followers; you might not see the LIVE option immediately. Be patient for a couple of days as it takes a while for the records to update.
Going LIVE can boost your engagement, build your audience and save you some money through gift points. If you plan on growing your audience rapidly, be sure to engage with your fans during the live streams. Adios, folks!!!