Yesterday my brother came to me and asked to install Lollipop in his S4 i9500. I searched the internet and after getting through some tutorials found the easiest way to install the latest version of Android on his S4 i9500, i am sharing the method with you after going through this you will be able to install latest update in just 8 simple steps.
Samsung Russia is reportedly started seeding the official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update for the Exynos 5 octa-core running Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500).
Its size is 1049MB so Samsung has removed apps like Google Play Books, Movies and others to make some space.
Galaxy S4’s Russian users will get OTA notification for update. Meanwhile a recognized XDA contributer known as AL_IRAQI has captured and shared the download links of Russian Lollipop firmware. This Android Lollipop firmware with the build I9500XXUHOA7 can be flushed using Odin flashing tool in some easy steps i will tell you how to do so but first You should check the Comparison Video of S4 with KitKat and S4 with Lollipop below:
If you want to Install Lollipop 5.0.1 on your Samsung Galaxy S5 GT-i9500 check the installation guide below:
Prerequisites (to Install Lollipop):
- Install proper USB drivers for your Galaxy S4 on the computer.
- Create complete backup of your phone using CMW recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- Your Galaxy S4 i9500 should have 80% battery.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- After installation your Galaxy S4 will no longer be a rooted device.
- Android 5.0.1 Lollipop I9500XXUHOA7 works only with Galaxy S4 I9500. Before going any further check your model in Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
- I won’t be responsible if any damage occur.
How to Install CMW Recovery on Galaxy S4:
- Download CWM-recovery-184.108.40.206-i9500 Build #1.
- Go To Download Mode (Volume Down +Home+Power) and plug device.
- Now in Odin You Will see [added] and a light blue figure on top that means that device has been recognized if you don’t get them uninstall devices drivers and retry.
- Now click PDA and select CWM-recovery-220.127.116.11.tar And Then Click Start .
- After Device reboots Your Done and CWM Is Flashed.
Files to Download:
How to install official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop update on Galaxy S4 i9500:
Step#1: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using any extracting tool.
Step#2: Extract the Odin zip with a few other files and Launch as Administrator.
Step#3: Switch off your Galaxy S4.
Step#4: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together (Ensure you have installed Device Drivers).
Step#5: Connect the S4 to the PC using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn light blue with the COM port number. It may take some time so be patient.
Step#6: In Odin select the files extracted in step#1 in the following order
- Tap on the BL button and select BL_I9500XXUHOA7-CL3943544_QB3767100_REV00-user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Tap on AP button and select AP_I9500XXUHOA7-CL3943544_QB3767100_REV00-user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Tap on CP button and select CP_I9500XXUHOA7-CL3943544_QB3767100_REV00-user_low_ship.tar.md5
- Tap on CSC button and select CSC_SER_I9500SERHOA7_ CL3943544_ QB3767100_REV00-user_low_ship.tar.md5
Step#7: Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset is checked and Re-Partition is unchecked.
Step#8: click the Start button in Odin. Installation will start now it will take 5mins once installation is complete phone will restart automatically when you see the homescreen plugout your Galaxy S4 from USB cable.
Thats all and you’re done congratulations you have successfully installed Lollipop 5.0.1 on your Galaxy S4 i9500. If i missed anything or you want to add something comment below.