Samsung has released its latest android OS update for its Galaxy S5 model and it’s been done so using the OTA process. Some model and network users have already received the update while some are waiting. Since the latest android update called Lollipop has been well received by the fair amount of android users, it is totally understandable if the S5 users are getting restless. If you haven’t received the update yet, don’t worry. There is a way for force download/install the update on your phone.
Samsung has released the updates officially but it is recommended that you only use this method if your Samsung S5 model number is SM-G900F. Also, even though this method is tested on various handsets all over the world, it is necessary to backup all your data before you proceed.Make sure your PC has all the USB drivers installed and working and above all YOUR PHONE MUST BE CHARGED AT 80% or above. These are the following steps that how to install android 5.0.1 Lollipop in Galaxy S5 model
Let’s do it!
- Go to sammobile.com and download the android 5.0 ROM from there. It’s a pretty huge file (1.5 GB) so give it some time. Once you download it extract it and there is one file in specific that you need. It will be a PDA file having an extension of .tar.md5. Hold it right there, you will be using that file later.
- Download Odin. This is a windows application that lets you install lollipop on your device.
- Turn off your phone and boot it up in download mode by pressing volume down + home + power button all together.
- Run the executable Odin file on your PC and a blue bar (on the upper portion of the window) tells you that your USB drivers are working fine.
- Load the file into Odin. Click on the screen where it is written AP
- Browse your computer to where you extracted the tar file mentioned in step one.
- Once the .tar.md5 is located and loaded into Odin you are good to go.
- There is no need to change or turn on the re-partition option. It needs to be disabled by default.
- Odin works just fine on its own settings so don’t play around as you might cause some trouble for yourself.
- Press the START button and let the software do its magic.
- Sit back and relax while Odin installs your new OS. Try not to press any buttons.
- Once the update is installed your S5 will reboot automatically and you can use your newly installed android laptop.
This process has been tested on many devices and people have given a positive review about this method. In case, you have a problem try the whole method again or comment below.