Well here comes another tutorial related to Android ROMs, The story behind all this is same as i mentioned in my last post installing Lollipop in S4 difference is now he got S5 because S4 is gone in an accident. Process of installing Custom ROM or OTA update is almost same.
Android 5.0 Lollipop comes with many great features and improvements that offer the sensation of owning a brand new phone. The OTA update will take sometime to be launched in all regions/all devices because Samsung pushes upgrades slowly. Before the installation of official stock Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM you should read the preparation steps below but first check out the features of Lollipop:
Prerequisites (to Install Lollipop):
Use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S5 model number SM – G900F.
- Install proper USB drivers for your Galaxy S5 on the computer. (Download Here)
- Enable USB Debugging Mode [Navigate to Settings>> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- if you can’t find Developer Options under Settings, then you will have to un-hide this menu: go to About Phone and tap 7 times on the ‘Build Number’ section.
- Your Galaxy S5 G900F should have 60% battery.
- The phone will lose custom ROM once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- disable AntiVirus Application if running on your computer.
- After installation your Galaxy S5 will no longer be a rooted device.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop XXU1BNL2 works only with Galaxy S5 G900F. Before going any further check your model in Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
- Download the G900F XXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 ROM zip from here.
- I won’t be responsible if any damage occur.
Install Android 5.0 Lollipop On Galaxy S5 (G900F):
Step 1: Download the firmware file (above) and then extract the contents.
Step 2: Download Odin3 v3.09 here.
– Odin is the Windows app that we will use in order to install the Android 5.0 update for your Galaxy S5.
Step 2: Run ODIN on your computer and hit the AP button on it, and when prompted, browse G900FXXU1BNL2 Android 5.0 tar.md5 and choose.
Step 3: Make sure, that the Re-Partition option is unchecked.
Step 4: Power off your Galaxy S5.
Step 5: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together (Ensure you have installed Device Drivers).
Step 6: Now that the device is in Download Mode, connect it to your computer using a USB cable. You will now see a blue light in ODIN, signifying that the phone is correctly connected.
Step 7: click the Start button in Odin. Installation will start now it will take 5 mins once installation is complete phone will restart automatically when you see the home screen plug out your Galaxy S5 from USB cable.
– don’t press any buttons until all files are successfully installed.
When the Android 5.0 welcome screen is loaded you can use your login details in order to take full control over your Galaxy S5 once again.
Thats all and you’re done congratulations you have successfully installed Lollipop 5.0 on your Galaxy S5 G900F.
If i missed anything or you want to add new comment below!