Android 6.0 Marshmallow has been officially released for LG G3 D855. The firmware is currently OTA available so if your device is running on stock ROM and it is not rooted you should receive update notification automatically by the time. However, if your LG G3 is modified by an unauthorized way then you need to follow this tutorial to update LG G3 D855 to Marshmallow Android 6.0.
Yes, that’s already possible as you can anytime choose to download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow KDZ file for your own LG G3. As you might know, the KDZ represents the official full firmware file of an LG based update that can be downloaded and then manually applied on an LG branded device. Thus, you will update your LG G3 with the same OTA built, but in a manual matter without waiting for the OTA to be spotted.
Before completing this manual update operation, backup your LG G3. I know that your data isn’t being removed when applying an OTA but with a manual update operation things aren’t the same – I guess that’s the risk assumed.
You should disable anti-virus program from your computer if you are using one. Also, on your smartphone you first have to enable USB Debugging, an option located under “menu –> settings –> developer options”.
Note: Developer Options can be enabled by tapping several times on Built Number, from “menu – settings – about phone”.
How to Install Marshmallow on LG G3:
- Download the KDZ Android 6.0 M firmware file from this page.
- Then, get the Flash Tool from here.
- Save both files on your computer, preferable on desktop.
- Now, open the Flash Tool folder and transfer the KDZ file there.
- Power off your smartphone; wait a few moments and then enter it in download mode (follow the method mentioned below) – on your way also connect it to your computer with the help of the USB cable.
- Run the Flash Tool on your computer.
- Then, under Select Type choose CDMA, then choose PhoneMode to CS_EMERGENCY and also load the KDZ file by clicking on the folder icon.
- If you are coming from a custom ROM then you should choose CSE Flash (this will also wipe the internal system of your device – a hard reset will be applied while you will also clear app data cache); if stock Android OS is already running on your LG G3 choose Normal Flash.
- Click on Start, disconnect from the Internet and also remember to turn off the antivirus protection for a short while.
- The update operation should now begin; wait while the installation process runs.
When done, unplug the USB cord and reboot your phone.
How to Reboot LG G3 into Fastboot / Download Mode
Method 1 – Use the Hardware Buttons from your Android device
- You first have to shut down your Android smartphone – turn it off completely, so either press power key once and select “power off”, or press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- After doing so, press and hold (at the same time) the Power and Volume Up keys (keep pressing the buttons for about 6 or 7 seconds).
- Plug in the USB cable for your smartphone and establish a connection between your device and your computer.
- Release the keys when the download mode is being displayed.
Method 2 – Use an App from Google Play
Root your LG G3 if you want to complete this method.
- Tap on the Google Play icon on your phone.
- On Google Play tap on Search and type Quick Boot.
- Download and install the software on your handset.
- Run the app and follow on-screen prompts in order to reboot your LG G3 into fast boot mode.
Congratulations You’ve successfully installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your LG G3. If there are any errors during the process repeat step through 1 to 10 and if the problem is still present comment below I will try to resolve your issue.
I have lg g3 d855 but I didnt received official update yet
Follow the steps mentioned above to install it in your LG G3 If you have not recived official update yet