Nowadays, Contacts are an important asset of your iPhone, especially, when you have been making calls, sending emails and sending SMS to your friends and family.
Contacts are essential because they of help you to remain in touch with others.Contacts are even essential, as reminding the contacts of our friends daily from list let us store them in our mind.
The issue arises when some or many contacts have been deleted or lost and you even do not remember the information about them.Which is a very sad situation, therefore for covering them you only need to know more about iCloud.
Recover contacts using iCloud
You can use the following method to recover information about you lost contact along with all other things like Reminders and Calendar events etc.
As all of your information is stored in a database that is directly linked to Apple. Therefore, for using iCloud you need your Apple ID and password and computer.
- Vist iCloud.com and sign in with your registered Apple ID and password.
- when signed in, click the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to the Advanced section and click Restore Contacts.
- A list of previously made archives will be displayed. Find the date of an archive that should still have your contacts list intact and click Restore.
- Click Restore again to confirm and begin the restoration process. when it’s done, an email will be sent to the address tied to your Apple ID.
After the above process, all the contacts currently stored on your iPhone will be replaced with the old one, which is being replaced. Therefore, if you have added a new contact before this process it will be lost.
But your current contact list will be archived traditionally and users can be able to restore them using the same process.For this, you only have to repeat the first three steps instead of repeating the whole process again and again.
Update: Apart from backing up to iCloud, you can also backup contacts to PC or Mac by using iPhone transfer software like IOTransfer. In this way, you can recover lost contacts without connecting to the internet.