Your MacBook Pro 14 or 16-inch 2023 battery is starting to show its age. It doesn’t hold a charge as long as it used to and takes longer to charge. You’re starting to worry that it’s going to die on you, causing you to lose a client or project. The good news is that replacing your M2 Pro MacBook Pro battery is an easy and affordable fix. You need a few simple tools. Definitely a little bit of know-how as well. Let’s find out how to replace your 2023 MacBook Pro battery step-by-step.
However, before proceeding with replacement, do you know what causes the MacBook batteries to die sooner? Here’re the reasons for that.
The Inevitable Battery Drain
As an expert writer, I cannot stress enough how necessary having a fully functional battery when you’re on the go with your trusty MacBook Pro is. Imagine being in the middle of an important project or presentation only for your laptop to shut down due to low battery life! It’s incredibly frustrating and could even cost you valuable opportunities and clients.
The Importance of Proper Maintenance
I know some people may argue that they can charge their MacBooks whenever it dies, but let me remind you – not properly maintaining your battery can drastically decrease its lifespan! You may have to replace it sooner than expected if you don’t handle it with care.
The Truth About Apple’s Batteries
Now, let me be real with you about something else – Apple batteries aren’t cheap! If you don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on a new one every few years, take good care of the one you have now by replacing it when needed. Trust me; it’ll save you money in the long run.
Tools and Materials Needed
To replace the battery in your MacBook Pro 2023, you will need the following tools:
- A Phillips head screwdriver
- A small flathead screwdriver
- A tri-wing screwdriver
- A pair of tweezers
- A microfiber cloth
The Replacement Battery
Of course, you’ll also need a replacement battery. You don’t want to go through all this trouble only to end up with another faulty battery. Make sure you get an authentic replacement battery from a trusted source.
Static-Free Workstation Mat & Anti-Static Wrist Strap
Your MacBook Pro is extremely sensitive to static electricity and can easily damage it.
That’s why using an anti-static workstation mat and wrist strap is important while handling your device. These tools will help prevent any accidental damage during the replacement process.
Preparing Your M2 Pro MacBook Pro 2023 14 or 16
Shutting down your device
Before you even think about replacing the battery in your MacBook Pro 2023, it’s essential to shut down the device properly. You don’t want to risk damaging any internal components or losing important data by carelessly yanking out the old battery.
So, how do you shut down your MacBook Pro 14 / 16 2023?
First, ensure all your applications are closed and any unsaved work is saved.
Next, click on the Apple icon in upper left-hand of your screen and select “Shut Down“.
You can also use keyboard shortcuts by pressing “Control + Option + Command + Power Button.” This will initiate a graceful shutdown process that ensures all background processes are terminated correctly.
Wait for the new MacBook Pro to fully shut down before proceeding with replacing the battery. This may take a few moments, but patience is key.
So, How Do You Replace a MacBook Pro 2023 Battery?
Don’t let the idea of replacing your MacBook Pro M2 battery scare you off! With the the aforementioned tools and a little knowledge, you can get your Macbook up and running in a moment. Here’s what you need to do:
- Unplug your MacBook Pro from any power sources.
- Flip your MacBook Pro 2023 over so that the bottom is facing up.
- Use the Phillips head screwdriver and remove the screws holding bottom cover in place.
- Carefully remove the bottom cover.
- Locate the battery.
- Use the small flathead screwdriver to pry up the battery release tab.
- Lift the battery out of the MacBook Pro.
- Insert the new battery into the MacBook Pro.
- Press down on the battery until it clicks into place.
- Replace the bottom cover and secure it with the screws.
- Plug in your MacBook Pro and turn it on.
You’ve successfully installed a new battery in your MacBook Pro 2023. But before you start celebrating like you’ve slain a dragon, there’s one final step to complete. You need to test your new battery to ensure it’s working properly and provide your MacBook Pro 2023 with the power it needs.
Testing if the Battery is Working:
Once you’ve installed your new battery, it’s important to test it out to ensure it’s working properly. Here’s what you need to do:
- Plug in your MacBook Pro and let it charge fully. This may take some time, so be patient!
- Once your MacBook Pro is fully charged, unplug it and turn it on.
- Check the battery icon in the top right corner of your screen. Make sure it shows a full charge. If you see an exclamation point next to the battery icon or it doesn’t show a full charge, this could indicate an issue with the battery installation.
- If you notice any issues with the battery icon, try repeating the installation process or seek help from a technical expert.
- Next, use your MacBook Pro normally for a few hours and keep an eye on the battery life. If you notice that the battery drains faster than usual or doesn’t last as long as it should, this could also indicate an issue with the battery installation.
Replacing the battery in your MacBook Pro 2023 is not rocket science. Yet, it does require some technical know-how and a steady hand. I hope this step-by-step guide has helped you easily replace your battery with minimal damage to your device.
Source: Fixology Tech Repairs