It is one of the best practice to reset ASUS router password whenever you are using it the first time and want to secure it. This precaution helps you protect you and ensure your internet connection.
How to Reset Admin Password of Asus Router
- First of all, open your browser, and make sure to connect to your router.
- Then, enter http://192.168.1.1 in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Upon login, request enter “admin” as username and password respectively and then press “OK.”
- You may also type “http://router.asus.com” on your browser to access the admin panel of your router.
- Select Status -> Security and from drop down box choose to change the username or password of your router.
- Now enter your new password twice in “New Password” and “Retype Password” and you are done.
How to reset the WiFi password of your ASUS router
Following is step by step guide to change the WiFi password of Asus router in case you forget it.
- Visit the Admin panel of ASUS router and then log in using your username and password.
- Afterward, log into the dashboard of the Asus router login.
- Later on, click on Wireless panel under Administrative settings.
- Now you will be looking at a different type of options relevant to WiFi.
- Only If Your Router Support Multiple Bands: In Next Step, select SSID and WiFi Band and you want to change the password for.
- Then select password protection types WEP/WEP2, etc.
- Now enter your new password in the password field and then click on “Save.”
I hope these steps helped you change the password of your Asus router and also improve your reset your WiFi password. Do share your thought in the comment section below.