Let’s find out how we can stream our games, voice, screen, and webcam over Discord to a selected friend community. We have already used the text and voice chat feature, and now we will get familiar with host streaming using voice channels.
When it comes to streaming, there are lots of convenient options for gamers like Twitch and YouTube. But not everyone enjoys the big audience these Apps welcome, and most gamers prefer staying within their small friend circle.
So, if you don’t want strangers to cut in as you broadcast your screen and voice, it’s best to stream on Discord, where you can stream whatever you want with the limited audience you are comfortable with.
SEE ALSO: How to Fix Microphone Echo on Discord
How to Stream on Discord Server
For Streaming Voice, Video Call, and Screen Sharing on Discord, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Firstly, open the Discord App on your Windows PC or Mac. You will need the App to go live, and the website won’t work for you.
- Look for the voice channels in which you have streaming permission.
- To know whether you can stream in a certain channel or not, join the channel and check the video or screen buttons in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- If the buttons are clickable, it means you can start a broadcast session. In the mobile app, you will see a clickable camera icon instead.
- Choose if you want to share your webcam or your screen by clicking on any of the two buttons saying “Video” and “Screen.” In the mobile app, you can share your webcam with the audience after hitting the camera icon.
Discord asks for your permission to share your webcam with the audience when you click on the video. After that, the live streaming starts, and you are all set!
If you choose to share the screen, Discord asks you to choose the window you want to share. You can either share some specific windows or share everything on your screen as you stream on Discord. For privacy reasons, you might prefer to share some selective applications only.
Next, you have to choose the frame rate and resolution. The better-quality resolution and frame rate require more internet bandwidth.
If you want to share your PC’s sounds besides sharing your voice, toggle the “Sound” button, and everyone can hear your computer’s sound.
When you are all set, click on “Go Live.” Your friends can join the broadcast by entering your server and choosing the specific channel you are streaming on. You can also invite them, and they can join by clicking on your name from the people’s list on the call.
How to Stream Games on Discord
Discord’s high compression quality promises a stable streaming session, and the integrated game detection system identifies almost all games. That’s the reason why your Discord game streaming starts within seconds.
So, what are the limitations? The browser versions don’t support the ‘stream on Discord’ feature, and you can only go live through your Windows or Mac desktop “App.” Moreover, several people can stream on the same voice channel you are streaming on.
- Open Discord and choose your server from the menu on the left.
- Start the game you want to share.
- With the Alt+Tab shortcut, move back to Discord.
- At the bottom of your screen, near the profile options, a new icon will appear along with the name of the game you just started.
You will also see a small computer icon beside the game icon. Hit it to start the live streaming.
A screen share menu appears when you need to select the voice channel, resolution, and frame rate.
Once you set all these options, the Discord Go Live button at the menu’s bottom right becomes clickable.
The stream gets ready, but it remains paused until you resume the game. As you resume, the gameplay automatically starts to stream.
How to End Game Streaming on Discord?
If you want to end the streaming session, switch back to Discord and stream pauses on its own. Then click on the Stop Streaming button visible at the bottom left corner of the App. Also, disconnect the voice channel by clicking on the voice connection entry under your game’s name.
That’s all you need to know about How to stream on the Discord server and broadcast your voice, webcam and screen to everyone on the channel. Let’s go live and stream the most challenging game we have!