Hulu is an online video streaming application that provides smooth streaming of TV shows and movies. It is available as an app for tablets and smartphones and can be accessed through a web browser. Hulu enables the viewers to watch a vast library of shows and movies, making it easier for youngsters to access R-rated content. To prevent such content from younger eyes, Hulu has integrated parental controls in its services.
How to Use Hulu Parental Controls
Setting up parental controls on Hulu is much simpler than Netflix or Amazon. If you own an account on Hulu, only you have the power to control which things can be viewed on your account. To enable any restrictions, you need to create individual profiles for every user or adjust the entire account’s age setting.
Age restriction on the entire account will block mature content for all profiles on that account. The age restriction for an individual profile automatically restricts the mature content on that particular profile.
Luckily, Hulu provides a safe place for the children to stream. To limit the type of content your kids can watch, you can set up parental controls b creating a profile for your kids to protect them from inappropriate content. Hulu kids profile restricts R-rated films or shows rated TV-MA and is limited to family-friendly shows and movies.
In the following passages, you will find a detailed guide about applying parental controls on the Hulu app.
SEE ALSO: How to Fix Microphone Echo on Discord
How to Set up a Hulu Parental Controls On a Mobile Device App
To set up a Hulu Kids profile on a mobile device using Hulu’s app for Android and iOS devices, all you have to do is to follow a few simple steps:
- Open the Hulu app on your mobile
2. Click on the Account option.
3. Choose your Profile Name
4. Create a new profile by clicking on the New Profile
5. Type a name for the Profile. If you are creating a profile for your child, we suggest you open it by their name or any other name that your child can recognize.
6. Click the Toggle switch beside Kids and turn it On
7. Finally, tap on the Create Profile option at the bottom.
Hulu will create a profile with Kids-friendly materials. Now, whenever you open this profile, Hulu will restrict mature content.
How to Set Up a Hulu Parental Controls on the Web using PC
You can also create a Hulu Kids Profile on a web browser while using a computer. Let’s follow the given steps on how to do it:
- Open any browser on your computer.
- Go to the Hulu website and sign in to your Hulu account.
3. Tap on your name in the top-right corner
4. Click on the Manage Profiles from the menu.
5. Hit the Add Profile option
6. Enter a name for the profile you wish to have
7. Turn Kids mode “On” by tapping the toggle switch under Kids.
8. Alternatively, you can leave the Kids’ switch toggled off and provide your child’s birth date and gender.
9. Fill in the required information, check the box to indicate parental permission, and select the Create Profile option.
So, this way, you can set up the Hulu parental controls.
While watching on the web browser, you can switch between profiles by hovering your mouse cursor on the profile’s name in the top-right corner of the browser window.
Limitations of Hulu Parental Controls
Parental controls on Hulu are limited as compared to those in Netflix. Unluckily, there is no password protection in Hulu. Your child can switch to your profile and view all content. You can see the recently watched list on our profile to check if your kid has been using your profile. If you have not set up an age limit for the whole account, you cannot limit mature content across all profiles.