Samsung Galaxy E5 currently running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, and Samsung may update Software for this device or may not, but there are no chances anytime soon that company is going to release an official build Android 6.0 Marshmallow for E5.
Many Galaxy E5 are searching forums and digging up the internet to find Marshmallow build for their smartphones. Recently a developer at XDA Forums has developed a ROM for Galaxy E5 based on CyanogenMod 13 means you can now Install and Use Marshmallow on Galaxy E5.
How to Install Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy E5
Here is a complete tutorial to install Android 6.0.1 in your Galaxy E5 a Step by Step Guide.
Optional: Don’t forget to take backup of your phone if you don’t want to lose anything.
Note: This ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy E500H. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it!
Step by Step Guide to Install Android Marshmallow on Galaxy E5
Step 1: Transfer the GAPPS and ROM file to your SD Card
Step 2: Reboot to recovery mode ( Vol UP + Home + Power )
Note: It is highly recommended to use TWRP recovery find the tutorial below to install TWRP in your E5
Step 3: Wipe data / Factory Reset (Needed if you are updating from other android version or stock)
Step 4: Install CM zip and GApps zip
Step 5: Now Select Reboot Option from Menu and you are Done.
Step 6: Setup your Device
How to Install TWRP Recovery in Samsung Galaxy E5
Step 1 :
- Download and Install Samsung Drivers and connect your device to PC. Let it install drivers and if it’s updating let it update. Your device drivers should be correctly installed without a single failure.
Step 2 :
- Turn off your device and go to Odin mode [ Vol down + power + home button (all at the same time) ] release it when you see Galaxy E5 Logo
- Press vol up to confirm
- Now that you are in Odin Mode, connect your device via USB cable.
- Now open Odin3 3.09 or 3.07 that you have downloaded.
- If there is a pop-up like Installing ADB drivers, let it get finished it usually updates.
- Make sure the COM: xx (xx is USB port number it can be any number so don’t worry about it, just verify COM is lit up)
- Now select AP and browse to where you have .tar file and select it
- Make Sure only Default Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are ticked and nothing. Verify twice only these 2 are ticked.
Untick Auto Reboot if you are installing recovery for the first time!
- Click Start and wait for the process to end. DO NOT Interrupt during this time.
- Once it says PASS, boot into recovery by pressing VOL UP + HOME + POWER buttons simultaneously.
- You are Done install TWRP Recovery in Galaxy E5
If you face any problem during the process, comment below and don’t forget to share your experience.