Why should you be bothered about the new version of Android? It brings with it a number of cool advancements from Android 6.0 Marshmallow. In the following tutorial, I am going to explain How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S7.
From Multitasking and enhanced Doze skills to Daydream VR support and with the new Allo messaging app, Android Nougat is a comprehensive refresh version of Android OS, Samsung has not said anything about the update of Android Nougat for its devices but as Android Nougat is released and Google in a Newsletter to its developer said to update their app to API 24 which is based on Android Nougat. It seems to be that Android Nougat will be available soon enough for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. In the following tutorial, I will explain how you can update your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F to Android 7.0 Nougat.
SEE ALSO: 12 Android Nougat features worth checking
Prerequisites to Install Nougat in Galaxy S7:
Use this tutorial only with the Samsung Galaxy S7 model number SM – SM-G930F.
- Install proper USB drivers for your Galaxy S7 on the computer. (Download Here)
- Enable USB Debugging Mode [Navigate to Settings >> Developer Options>> check the USB Debugging option.]
- if you can’t find Developer Options under Settings, then you will have to un-hide this menu: go to About Phone and tap 7 times on the ‘Build Number’ section.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S7 should have 60% battery.
- The phone will lose custom ROM (if installed) once the stock update is installed. Also, the custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- disable AntiVirus Application if running on your computer.
- After installation, your Galaxy S7 will no longer be a rooted device.
- Android 7.0 Nougat works only with Galaxy S7 SM-G930F. Before going any further check your model in Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
- Download Android 7.0 Nougat ROM for SM-G930F from here.
- I won’t be responsible if any damage occur.
How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S7 (G930F):
Step 1: Download the firmware file (above) and then extract the contents.
Step 2: Download Odin3 v3.09 here.
– Odin is the Windows app that we will use in order to install the Android 7.0 update for your Galaxy S7.
Step 2: Run ODIN on your computer and hit the AP button on it, and when prompted, browse G930FXXU1BNL2 Android 7.0 tar.md5 and choose.
Step 3: Make sure, that the Re-Partition option is unchecked.
Step 4: Power off your Galaxy S7.
Step 5: Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down buttons together (Ensure you have installed Device Drivers).
Step 6: Now that the device is in Download Mode, connect it to your computer using a USB cable. You will now see a blue light in ODIN, signifying that the phone is correctly connected.
Step 7: click the Start button in Odin. The installation will start now it will take 5 mins once installation is complete phone will restart automatically when you see the home screen plug out your Galaxy S7 from USB cable.
– don’t press any buttons until all files are successfully installed.
That’s it congratulations your Galaxy S7 SM-G930F is successfully updated to Android Nougat 7.0, If there were any errors during the process please let me know I will try to help you with the issue.
If you think I’ve missed something related to How to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F or you want to add a new comment below.