Well in Android How to section a new tutorial is here and the story behind this is, my cousin had this phone for past 1 year my younger brother about whom I mentioned in How to Install lollipop in Samsung Galaxy S4 told him; that Adeel installed Lollipop 5.01 in my Galaxy S4. That cousin came to me and asked to install Lollipop 5.01, I had no idea to install custom ROM in Sony Xperia’s that time so I said no but he insisted and I told him to wait for a while and let me do little search on this and I read many articles and tutorials and at the end of the day I installed lollipop in his mobile? no it didn’t work like that I broke his mobile ; mobile was just displaying boot logo my cousin was tense i told him to wait and not to worry, with little bit struggle I was able to find the solution to that problem and fixed that issue by install stock rom into Sony Xperia L. It was back to Android 4.3 Jellybean but I didn’t stop I tried again to install android 5.0 lollipop in Sony Xperia L and this time I succeeded. Follow the steps mentioned below to install Lollipop in Xperia L without any problem.
How to Update Sony Xperia L with Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Download the firmware file from here and unzip the same on desktop.
- Then place the resulted files on the same folder as Android SDK or Fastboot.
- Turn off your phone.
- Press and hold Volume Up button and while doing so connect your Xperia L with your computer – fastboot mode will be then displayed.
- Go to the Android SDK folder, where you also have the update package.
- From there open a command prompt window: press and hold Shift keyboard key while right clicking on any blank space.
- On the cmd window type the following commands: “fastboot flash boot boot.img.”, “fastboot flash system system.img” and “fastboot flash userdata userdata.img”, press Enter after each one.
- In the end, once the installation process ends, on the cmd windoy type “reboot”.
- If a boot loop is caused, enter your Android device in recovery mode. From recovery select “wipe data factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”. Finally, from main menu of recovery pick “reboot system now”.
Congratulations you’ve installed Android Lollipop 5.0 in your Sony Xperia L, if you want to Update Sony Xperia L to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop follow the steps below:
How to Update Sony Xperia L to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- To begin with the installation process, get the Unofficial CM 12.1 custom ROM ZIP file downloaded to your computer download ROM from this link. If you have TWRP recovery installed on your device, visit this link first. Google apps or GAPPS ZIP file will also be required to be downloaded, so you have to get the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop GAPPS file from this link.
- Right after the ROM and GAPPS ZIP packages finish downloading, you can begin the file transfer process to get the files moved to your Sony Xperia L’s internal memory.Of course, to do that, the Xperia L needs to be connected to your computer by using the USB cable.
- Since you have moved the ROM and GAPPS ZIP files to your Sony Xperia L’s internal memory in the previous step, you can turn off your smartphone and get it turned off so that the device can boot into recovery mode.
- When your Sony Xperia L has booted into the main recovery menu, you will have to begin by getting the factory reset process complete by selecting the ‘wipe data factory reset’ option. Next, you will need to wipe the system and data partitions on your smartphone, along with the dalvik cache and cache. This can be done by selecting the ‘advanced options’ after the factory reset is completed.
- Performing a full wipe is the final requirement before flashing this custom ROM. So you can now begin flashing the Unofficial CM 12.1 custom ROM ZIP file on your Sony Xperia L by selecting the ‘Install zip from SD card’ option in the main recovery menu and then choosing the ZIP file from your device’s internal storage. When you finish flashing the file, the custom ROM will get installed on your smartphone.
- When the Unofficial CM 12.1 custom ROM ZIP flashing is completed, the Google apps package will now have to be flashed to get all the Google apps and services installed on your device. Using the same procedure, select ‘Install zip from SD card’ and select the GAPPS ZIP file this time. Flash it and wait until the process completes.
- It is now time for you to exit recovery and reboot your Sony Xperia L by tapping on the ‘reboot system now’ option.
Now give some time to your mobile for booting process it will take some minutes on first boot so don’t worry. Congratulations again you’ve installed Lollipop 5.1.1 in your Sony Xperia L.
If i missed something or you want to add new comment below