NETGEAR, the leading provider of networking devices that power today’s smart home and small businesses, has introduced a new tri-band Wi-Fi 6 router, the NETGEAR Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router (RAX200).
Netgear Announces Nighthawk Tri-Band AX12 Wi-Fi 6 Router
The Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 (RAX200) is a powerful Wi-Fi 6 router that uses three bands with a combined Wi-Fi speed of 10.8Gbps. This provides the ideal solution for the growing needs of households with an ever-increasing number of connected devices vying for internet bandwidth simultaneously. Tri-Band Wi-Fi provides an additional Wi-Fi band to reduce congestion and provide a better-connected experience across multiple devices simultaneously. The latest Wi-Fi 6 technology provides four times the amount of data capacity over that of the previous generation of Wi-Fi routers (802.11ac), also now known as Wi-Fi 5.
SEE ALSO: How To Reset ASUS Router Password
Experts predict the total number of connected devices worldwide will expand to 50 billion by 2020, as more and more people use smart devices in the home, from voice assistants, connected speakers, security cameras, thermostats, and much more, all at the same time. It is also expected that nearly 45 million people across the US will cut the cord to rely solely on internet video streaming to replace their broadcast and cable television, which will place an even higher demand on the already strained home Wi-Fi network.
Using the Nighthawk AX12 Tri-band Wi-Fi 6 router, households can expect a combined 10.8Gbps of bandwidth for all their networking needs from simultaneous 4K/8K UHD video streaming to gaming and other high-bandwidth consuming activities. With a single Wi-Fi name across the three bands, Nighthawk RAX200, using Smart Connect technology, intelligently distributes all the connected devices to the appropriate Wi-Fi band based on the speed of the machine ensuring the best utilisation of the available bandwidth.
Increased Capacity for the Smart Home
With its powerful 1.8GHz quad-core processor and support for multi-gig internet connections, the Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 router will help to keep up with the increasing internet speeds being delivered to homes.
The Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 sets you up for faster speeds and latest Wi-Fi technology in the foreseeable future as computers, mobile and IoT devices adopt the latest Wi-Fi 6 technology, while continuing to support all of your existing Wi-Fi devices. The Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 can deliver more than one Gigabit of throughput to mobile devices that support 160MHz bandwidth.
Award-Winning Industrial Design
This next-generation Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 Wi-Fi 6 router design conceals eight high-performance antennas under the ‘wings’. The antennas are optimally positioned for best Wi-Fi performance and extend reliable and robust Wi-Fi coverage while providing a clean, streamlined, functional design.
The Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 includes the following key specs and features:
- Fastest Wi-Fi with up to 10.8Gbps Combined Wireless Speed – 12-Stream Tri-band Wi-Fi with combined wireless speeds up to 10.8Gbps (1.2 + 4.8 + 4.8Gbps).
- 12-Streams Tri-band Wi-Fi – Eight streams of 5GHz and four streams of 2.4GHz means more available bandwidth and less congestion for all devices on the Wi-Fi network.
- Smart Connect – Intelligently selects the fastest Wi-Fi band for every device connected. One Wi-Fi name for the entire home.
- Nighthawk App – Easily set up your router and get more out of your Wi-Fi. Includes remote access to manage your network away from home.
- Wi-Fi6 Optimized Powerful Processor – 64bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor ensures smooth 4K UHD streaming & gaming – ideal for Gigabit internet speeds.
- Multi-Gig Ethernet Port 2.5G – 2.5 times the wired speed of a typical Gigabit port, to be used for LAN or internet connectivity.
- Five (5) Gigabit Ethernet Ports – Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections. Ability to aggregate two Gigabit LAN ports and two Gigabit WAN ports (configurable) concurrently.
- Automatic firmware updates – Latest security patches delivered to the router.
- Pre-optimised Antennas – Unfold and set antennas on the router, no further adjustment required. The AX12 antennas come pre-optimised for best Wi-Fi performance.
- Dynamic QoS – Prioritises network traffic for uninterrupted video streaming for applications like YouTube, Netﬂix, & others.