Image Source: Telegraph
Pakistan to build the first large scale Solar Power Park in Bahawalpur and named this project “Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park”, the solar power park will start the generating one hundred megawatts electricity in December, this year. While the peak generation of electricity will obtain in 2016 and the estimated amount of electricity is 1,000 megawatts.
Quaid-e-Azam Solar Park is a joint project of the government of Punjab, Bank of Punjab and TBEA Ltd. of China.
It will be the Pakistan’s as well as one of the world’s largest solar power projects.
Key Highlights of Qaid-e-Azam Solar Park:
- Overall capacity: 1,000 Mega Watts
- Phase 1 Capacity: 100 MW
- Completion of Phase 1: December 2014
- Phase II Capacity: 300 MW
- Phase III Capacity: 600 MW
- Final Capacity: 1,000 MW
- Completion of final phase: Dec 2016
- Dedicated Area: 6500 Acres (Phase 1 Area: 500 Acres)
- Boundary Wall: 9 KM
- Annual solar Energy after final phase: 2,000 kWh/m2
Entire production of energy in Pakistan is 23,000MW, while the we require double electricity than which we are producing now.