Sadly, the Galaxy Note 3 is among the devices that will no longer receive official updates. Don’t that doesn’t mean that you will not get latest versions of Android upcoming in future for your Note 3 because there are a lot of developers who develop Android for a specific device and share it so others can use the latest update on their Tablets.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Update Marshmallow
In this post, we are discussing how to install Marshmallow 6.0 the latest update of Android OS yet in Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
Just follow these steps to install Marshmallow update into your Galaxy Note 3. Remember it is not official version it’s developed by some developer on forums. To install Android 6.0 in your Galaxy Note 3 you need a rooted device so we will be able to flash recovery into your Note 3 which will help us to install latest Android version into your phablet.
How to root Galaxy Note 3:
- From here download TWRP recovery file and from here SuperSU package.
- Save these files on your computer, preferable on desktop.
- Now, download and install Odin on your computer.
- Do the same thing for Samsung KIES and then use the software for installing the T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3 USB drivers on your computer.
- Connect your smartphone to your PC and transfer the SuperSU package from desktop to your phone; unplug the USB cord in the end.
- Run Odin on your computer.
- Turn off your phone end reboot into download mode: press and hold at the same time and for a few seconds the power, volume down and home buttons.
- Once more, connect your device with your PC – this time check Odin as the “added” message will be displayed and the ID:COM field will be either yellow or blue.
- From Odin click on “PA” and pick the TWRP recovery file.
- Install the tool by clicking on “start.”
- When the “pass” message will be displayed, unplug the USB cable.
- Enter your Galaxy Note 3 in recovery mode.
- From recovery mode select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card.”
- Pick the SuperSU package and flash the same.
- That’s it; in the end, from the main menu of recovery select “reboot system now.”
The CM 13 firmware file from below is only compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 model number hlte – don’t use this tutorial for the hltespr, hlteusc and hltevzw variants of the same handset.
How to Install Marshmallow on Note 3 and Update to Android 6.0:
- First, on your computer download the required files: the CM 13 ROM (visit this page) and Google Apps package.
- Place these files on the desktop or on any other place from where you can have instant access.
- Connect your smartphone to your computer with the help of the USB cord.
- Take both files and transfer them to your Note 3 and after doing so, remove the USB connection.
- Power off your smartphone – don’t reboot it, power it off.
- Enter recovery mode (go to next heading)
- Wipe the system and clear cache: select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe Dalvik cache”.
- Go back to recovery and select “install” and pick the CM13 firmware file and then update to Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS.
- Don’t forget to flash Google Apps package.
- When done, from recovery select “reboot” and enjoy.
Enter Recovery Mode on Rooted Android devices:
- From Google Play you need to download a tool on your device.
- So, access the Play Store and search for the Quick Boot tool.
- You can manually download the app by using the link from here.
- Install the tool on your phone/tablet.
- Run the same.
- From the menu that will be displayed (Recovery, Reboot, Bootloader, and Power Off) select “recovery.”
- Now your handset will be rebooted into recovery mode
If you get any error message, start the process from step 1 and make sure that you follow each step to Install Marshmallow in Samsung Galaxy Note 3.