The first ever iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak called Liberia has been released. It works on iOS 11 all the way up to iOS 11.1.2, running on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X and every other supported 64-bit device. Here’s how you can use it right now.
iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Liberia Has Been Released for iPhone X & Other Devices.
Liberia is first ever jailbroken for iOS 11 based on lan Beer’s discovered exploits and works flawlessly on iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and every other 64bit device. It is also able to run up to iOS 11.1.2. That is pretty much every device after iPhone 5s. So without wasting your time further, let’s jump into action and show you how to use such solution for an iOS 11.1.2 jailbreak.
Before You Proceed
It is essential to know if this jailbreak will work on your Phone. This jailbreak works with any version of iOS 11.0 and iOS 11.1.2. If you are not having firmware between this version, then you are out of luck. But thanks to Apple, you can upgrade or downgrade your Phone.
Make sure you do the downgrade/upgrade part quick as it is impossible to tell when Apple might close the signing window, killing the jailbreak altogether.
LiberiOS is a Semi-Untethered Jailbreak.
LiberiOS is a semi-untethered jailbreak for iOS versions between iOS 11 – iOS 11.1.2. Which means if your device reboots or loses power you will have to kick it back into jailbreak state by the following guide
Make Sure. You Have a Free Developer Account.
If you don’t have a developer account, then you can create one without spending a cent from Apple Developer. Visit developer.apple.com to build right now. If you already have Apple ID, you can use it to create one which is a huge plus.
Download Cydia Impactor & iTunes.
Make sure that you have downloaded and installed Cydia Impactor (apple.com/itunes) on your PC or Mac.) and iTunes (
iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s, iPod touch 6, iPad mini (2, 3, 4), iPad Air (1, 2), iPad 5, iPad Pro (all models).
Jailbreak iOS 11 Using LiberiOS.
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Download LiberiOS from this link.
- Launch Cydia Impactor and drag the LiberiOS IPA file onto it, then follow the on-screen prompts for installation. You will be required to enter your Apple developer account credentials here so make sure you enter that when prompted for it.
- Once the installation process is complete, go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management and TRUST the LiberiOS profile here.
- Once trusted, run the LiberiOS app from your device’s home screen then tap on ‘Do It.’
- Give it a few seconds and your device will be jailbroken, and completely liberated from Apple’s shackles.
As mentioned earlier, this is a semi-untethered jailbreak, so you have to sign it again after a period of seven days. Follow the steps again in order to do so.
Since Cydia has not been updated for iOS 11, therefore, you won’t get Cydia or Cydia Substrate after jailbreaking your device.