Cross-platform transcoder Handbrake 1.0 is on high heels over the Holiday break by releasing Handbrake version 1.0.0 after 13 years in beta.
regardless of the prolonged beta-test layout and the loss of life of the built-in DVD drive in apple’s mac line-up, the free open source transcoder Handbrake 1.0 has remained the go-to application for changing video documents for playback on ios devices and Apple TVs.
The Handbrake 1.0 has survived the test of time thanks to its ease of use, Handbrake 1.0 also facilitates the advanced users with wide range array of options, and extensive video format support.
Handbrake 1.0 brings a float of new tools to the Mac version of the app, with updated presets for the latest devices and a number of interface advancement and added settings to keep the app relevant and broaden its appeal. The new features include:
Updated all tooltips
– Added undo/redo support to the graphical interface
– Improved drag and drop support
– Added Open Recent to the File menu
– Added Add Titles to Queue… to the File menu (batch queueing)
– Preview prompts to open in an external application when the internal player does not support the format
– Preview now displays volume and audio/subtitles language selection during playback
– Picture and Filters settings are now part of the main window
– Settings are preserved when selecting a new title (instead of reloading the last selected preset)
– Improved support for importing/exporting comma-separated (.csv) chapter markers
– Queue is now automatically paused when available disk space is low
– When Done action can now be changed directly from the Queue window
– When Done notification is now interactive (reveals the encoded file in Finder)
– Activity Log window is now searchable (press “?”+”f” to activate)
– XQuartz is no longer required for subtitle burn-in
– Updated Sparkle software update library
– Enabled DSA signature checking for improved security
– Usability improvements
– Miscellaneous bug fixes