Creating GIFs from Youtube or any-other video website has become more easier.
imgur, the free image and GIF hosting website released its new awesome feature “Video to GIF” which let the users to create the GIF files from video’s they watch on different websites like “Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion”, GIFs generated through imgur have high-quality loops.
Imgur’s tool also allow users to upload the files on their website, it takes an additional step in the whole process to make to more easier and faster for the peoples to make the GIFs.
At this moment there are very few websites which offer the same service “Making GIFs from Video” but many are there who still use offline programs such as Photoshop.
However, the tool is incredibly easy to use.
How to create GIF from Video:
- Paste the link of video in the bar.
- Next you select a start point, which is thankfully quick to load. Using sliders you can specify the start and end point of your GIF, and a small animated preview loops on the screen.
- After you’ve selected your start time, sliders pop up that allow you to select a value between 1-15 seconds, which is my only major gripe with the tool. Although this is convenient and easy, using seconds to determine length instead of frames makes the tool less precise, which can be important when it comes to looping GIF files.
- This screen also allows you to add text, but you can’t specify the size or font type, and the text remains on the screen the entire time.
- After clicking “Create GIF” the page turns into a loading bar which eventually drops you onto a standard Imgur page where you can choose different sharing options as well as a deletion link. (Long Conversion will take long time, almost 3 minutes).
Here’s the GIF of video I have created with Imgur’s “Video to GIF” tool