WordPress powers nearly 26% websites in the world. What started as a simple blog publishing software has now become an application framework that can be used to create personal websites, news portals, eCommerce stores, communities, forums, and almost any kind of website imaginable.
While the demand for WordPress-specific websites is growing with time, the need for professionals to help in creating WordPress websites is on the rise too. Consequently, there are hundreds of WordPress related jobs posted on freelancing platforms like freelancer.com, UpWork, Fiverr, etc. making it a lucrative profession for aspiring developers and freelancers.
WordPress Professionals in Pakistan Take Notice
WordPress users from all over the world organize local events and meetups in their own cities. These events are a great place for beginners to interact with other WordPress users and learn.
Muhammad Kashif, an experienced specialist in WordPress development, has already organized 12 WordPress Meetups in Lahore successfully.
The event is going to be hosted by TechHub Connect.
Attendees can connect with other industry professionals or just learn about how WordPress can make a difference in their lives.
WordPress Meetups are the starting point, subsequently leading to official WordPress events called WordCamps. These events are supported by the official WordPress foundation. The goal of the Meetup organizers in Pakistan is to pave the way for a large-scale WordCamp Pakistan event which is approved and scheduled for early 2017.
WordPress Meetup Details
What is it?
- An event where attendees will get a chance to learn and interact with other WordPress professionals, developers, and bloggers.
- It has a promising list of speakers who are all freelancers and WordPress developers making their living out of WordPress.
Talk 1 : The art of Pricing (Tips on Project Estimates)
- When it’s a good time to raise your rates
- How to raise your rates
- How to price projects (Hourly or Fixed ?)
- How to Identify Bad Clients
Talk 2 : How to Create and sell WordPress Products
- How to Create WordPress Products
- What kind of Products will make you $$$
- How to market your WP Products
- How and Where to sell your WP Products
Who Can Join
- WordPress Programmers
- Web Developers
- WordPress newbies / learners
- Bloggers, Writers
- Business Owners
- Designers, Photographers
- SEO Professionals
Timings and Venue
- Time: Saturday 21st January, 2:00 PM
- Venue: 3rd-floor Auditorium, Arfa Software Technology Park, Lahore
How to Register
The event is free and anyone can join. You can register FREE for the event at http://wpmeetup.pk/