With gaming and freelancing emerging as one of the most opted hobbies and professions of the modern era, global trends have taken a turn for the best. If you’re building a PC with a Ryzen 9 5950X processor, you’ll want to ensure you have the best RAM to maximize its performance. With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. Don’t worry; I got you there; after extensive research and running benchmarks at TechWafer Lab, we’ve found the 4 best RAM for Ryzen 9 5950X.
What is The Best RAM For Ryzen 9 5950X
Turbo-charge your Ryzen 9 5950X with the best RAM on the market
And what system would be better than AMD’s mid-range Ryzen 9 5950X flagship processor? The Ryzen 9 5950X boasts a base clock speed of 3.4 GHz and a maximum boost clock speed of 4.9 GHz while delivering a gross 64 MB of L3 Cache. Effortlessly handling tasks from content creation to intense gaming, the Ryzen 9 5950X lives up to the hype.
With our beloved Ryzen 9 5950X being tied to DDR4 support, we don’t have a lot of nerve-racking choices to pick from. Coupled with DDR4 support for an eternity, the Ryzen 9 5950X manages to kick up to a maximum memory speed of 3200MHz. If you want to learn more about DDR4 vs. DDR5, check our in-depth article on that.
1. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL
Best Budget RAM for Ryzen 9 5950X
Type: DDR4 | Capacity: 16GB (2x8GB) | Clock speed: 3200MHz | RGB: Yes
- A tight CAS latency of 16 promises better overclocking and
- prospects of faster processing rates.
- Effective thermal management with aluminum heatsinks.
- Best value for money deal
- A mere factory clock speed of 3200MHz
- The RGBs have no premium look to them.
Despite being sleekier than the original Vengeance RGB Pro, the SL version maintains an authentic, vibrant look and similar performance without skyrocketing prices. Overlooking the muddy RGB panel, the RGB customization support makes up for the aesthetics. For an overclocking potential all the way up to a whopping 4600 MHz, the Vengeance RGB Pro SL needs its aluminum heat sink for decent cooling.
2. G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series
Best Gaming RAM for Ryzen 9 5950X
Type: DDR4 | Capacity: 64GB (2x32GB) | Clock speed: 3600MHz | RGB: Yes
- Adjustable CAS latency, perfect for CPU-intensive tasks like
- rendering and video editing.
- Many RGB options to choose from
- Great potential for overclocking
- Shocking XMP performance, best for gaming
- Too expensive for DDR4 memory
- It can’t fit in a PC with a huge cooler
The G. Skill Trident Z Neo Series – a top-notch memory stick with impressively tight timings, great overclocking potential, radiant RGB lighting, and compatibility with the Ryzen 9 5950X. Indeed, charismatic option for enthusiasts looking for a 64 GB DDR4 kit.
3. Thermaltake ToughRAM RGB DDR4
Best Performance RAM for Ryzen 9 5950X
Type: DDR4 | Capacity: 16GB (2x8GB) | Clock speed: 4600MHz | RGB: Yes
- Most appealing RGB lighting you’ll ever see.
- Huge stock frequency of 4600 MHz
- Operating frequency is not optimal.
- No room for overclocking.
- Power hungry
- For smoothly running AMD processors, it must be underclocked a
- little bit.
Despite its controversial performance, ThermalTake’s ToughRAM RGB 4600 MHz seems quite appealing to users catered towards tasks requiring high frequencies. To get the best performance out of it, the speeds and timings must be adjusted manually, making this RAM kit unsuitable for typical users. Also, the 16 GB limitation of the kit should be kept in mind.
4. TeamGroup’s T-Force Xtreem ARGB RAM kit
Best Overclocking RAM for Ryzen 9 5950X
Type: DDR4 | Capacity: 32GB (2x16GB) | Clock speed: 3600MHz | RGB: Yes
- Killer aesthetics
- Extremely high latency timings
- Immense overclocking potential
- A premium price tag most enthusiasts can’t afford
If it’s within your budget, we recommend pairing TeamGroup’s T-Force Xtreem ARGB RAM kit with your Ryzen 9 5950X, for its superior overclocking capabilities and unrivaled aesthetics.
We may earn an affiliate commission when you purchase through links on our site.