Planning to add a custom foundation to your lot in Sims 4 but do not know precisely how to do that? Read on to get to know the quick trick that answers: how to add a foundation in Sims 4?
Sims 4 is a lifestyle simulation game that allows you to unravel your imaginations. It lets you explore the endless building possibilities and customize a world purely out of your imagination. Besides building towns, the Sims player holds power to control people, create families and households.
You can choose how they look, how they dress up, and their lifestyle as well. You can build homes for all the Sims and decorate them as you like. The game lets you experience a wide range of adventures and fun.
However, today’s article is concerned with the Build mode of the game that lets you design and builds your dream house. There are lots of options to furnish and decorate it like you can add a swimming pool, a beautiful garden, a small balcony, or a garage for your cars.
Let’s move towards the main point of how to add a foundation in the game. The Sims 4 foundation tool offers gamers to lay foundations and build custom homes and rooms. The tool is not just limited to building homes and rooms; you can also adorn your home by adding a terrace or balcony.
So, you tried to use the foundation tool but didn’t find it the games’ build menu, right? Well, it’s a hidden option, and you won’t find it there. Here, I will guide you on how to build a foundation in Sims 4 for your PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Steps for How to add a Foundation
- Select the wall tool and use it to create a room.
- With the help of the Select tool (H), click on all walls one by one. The entire room will get selected.
- Use the up arrow to lift the foundation and choose the height for the foundation.
- Click on the Foundations menu and choose the wallpaper you like.
- Choose the paint color and click on the foundation to paint it.
- You will need a ladder as the foundation is higher than the floor.
- Use the wall tool to build a balcony or terrace. Various Construction tools are available for you to explore your creativity.
- Remove a few fences from the terrace with the help of the sledgehammer tool (K).
- Don’t forget to save some space for the ladder.
In a nutshell, once you build a room, go to the box icon present at the center of the room. The icon consists of two arrows pointing upwards and downwards. The former one is used for raising the foundation while the latter lowers down the room’s foundation.
Any other room that touches this room will then share the same foundation height. So, if you want two rooms with different foundation heights, make sure they don’t touch each other. Now you can easily add a foundation in Sims 4 whenever and wherever you need to do so.
I hope that helps! Stay tuned for getting more tips and guides from us.
Happy building to all Simmers out there!