Enhanced social relationships in this fast progressing era demand the existence of apps like Discord with a user-friendly interface, a flexible configuration, and satisfactory task automation for the provision of a more satisfying user experience.
Providing video, audio, text, and image communications between users in a chat channel, Discord turns out as an unparalleled digital messaging application for creating communities ranging from gamers to education and businesses.
The fact that the evolution of audio logs and video calls has never been able to conquer the popularity of text messages makes texting the core focus of Discord Developers. It has led to the introduction of hotkeys and typing practices from word processors in Discord.
Neglecting white spaces between messages and paragraphs, like the silence between musical notes, Discord is making trouble for the users. Listed below are the related problems
- Go down a line in Discord.
- Make space between messages in Cozzy Mode.
- Move down a chat in Discord.
Using Shift+Enter for spacing apart paragraphs or messages makes reading easier!!!
1) Go down a line in Discord
For Windows and MAC User
Believe me; there is no magic sorcery involved. Although very easy to do, many people are unaware of how to go down a line in a Discord chat.
Moving the typing cursor to the location at which a new line or a break in the line is required, then holding Shift and pressing Enter helps you go down a line.
NOTE On sending a message, the line gets deleted unless sent in a paragraph with words before and after the line.
For Android Users
Obviously, there is no Shift key on Android, so the only way around would be the application of an external keyboard for your android device to go down a line in Discord.
2) Making space between messages in Cozzy Mode
Featuring no line spacing between adjacent messages in Cozy Mode, Discord makes the stack of messages look like a wall of text.
- Using Compact Mode solves the previous dilemma, but itself introduces a new one, the absurd looking repetition of names prepended with each message.
2. Leaving the first line empty of each message or post using the asterisk command is a better way out. Simply, add two asterisks ** on the very first sentence, then leave a blank space and add two more asterisks ** to complete the command.
Expectations From Discord
As greatly asserted on the Discord Forums, Discord Developers might likely introduce a transformative update on “Enter Behaviour” for configuring hotkeys on entering a new line or sending messages.
3) Moving down a chat in Discord
Scrolling down hundreds of messages each time one enters text channel has been an awful experience for all Discord users, specifically Android users lacking END key for traversing to the most recent ones.
- Bring Discord into focus by clicking on the middle section-without selecting something unwanted, then pressing the END key or Ctrl+END key brings one to the end of the messages.
- Pressing ESC key marks the channel read and bumps one down to the latest messages.
“Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.” this proverb depicts the unattainability of perfection in any messaging app. If there is nothing perfect at the human stage, why would one expect that from the Discord Developers!!!