Discord is a cross-platform VoIP and chats app for gamers to connect for gaming purposes. One of the great things about Discord is its user-friendly interface. It’s also flexible, allowing you to configure it however you want. This article will find out how to skip a line in Discord.
Fortunately, there’s an easy way to skip a line in Discord: hold down the Shift key while typing your message. This will create a new line without any extra space. Keep reading to find out how to go down a line in Discord.
The fact that the evolution of audio logs and video calls has never been able to conquer the popularity of text messages makes texting the core focus of Discord Developers. It has led to hotkeys and typing practices from word processors in Discord.
Discord is making trouble for the users by neglecting white spaces between messages and paragraphs, like the silence between musical notes. Listed below are the related problems.
- Go down a line in Discord.
- Make space between messages in Cozzy Mode.
- Move down a chat in Discord.
Using Shift+Enter for spacing apart paragraphs or messages makes reading easier!!!
1) Go down a line in Discord
For Windows and MAC User
Believe me; there is no magic sorcery involved. Although very easy to do, many people are unaware of going down a line in a Discord chat.
Moving the typing cursor to the location where a new line or a break in the line is required, then holding Shift and pressing Enter helps you go down a line.
NOTE On sending a message, the line gets deleted unless sent in a paragraph with words before and after the line.
For Android Users
There is no Shift key on Android, so the only way around would be the application of an external keyboard for your android device to go down a line in Discord.
2) Making space between messages in Cozzy Mode
Featuring no line spacing between adjacent messages in Cozy Mode, Discord makes the stack of messages look like a wall of text.
- Using Compact Mode solves the previous dilemma, but itself introduces a new one, the absurd looking repetition of names prepended with each message.
2. Leaving the first line empty of each message or post using the asterisk command is a better way out. , add two asterisks ** on the first sentence, then leave a blank space and add two more asterisks ** to complete the command.
Expectations From Discord
As greatly asserted on the Discord Forums, Discord Developers might likely introduce a transformative update on “Enter Behaviour” for configuring hotkeys on entering a new line or sending messages.
3) Moving down a chat in Discord
Scrolling down hundreds of messages each time one enters a text channel has been an awful experience for all Discord users, specifically Android users lacking END key for traversing to the most recent ones.
- Bring Discord into focus by clicking on the middle section-without selecting something unwanted, then pressing the END key or Ctrl+END key brings one to the end of the messages.
- Pressing ESC key marks the channel read and bumps one down to the latest messages.
4) How to Skip a line in Discord
One of the best features of Discord is the ability to quickly skip a line when typing a message. This can be done by holding down the Shift key while typing your message. This will create a new line without any formatting.
This article has shown how to go down a line in Discord and skip a line in Discord. These are helpful techniques when communicating with others in a chat room setting. Thank you for reading!